Friday 13 August 2010

Bristol Strobists' Group Shoot 7 Aug at Clevedon Beach

This was another successful Strobist group shoot.  Despite the weather being awful all week and even raining whilst making the 20 minute car journey.  As we arrived at Clevedon, we were greeted by clear blue sky.  I really think I've pushed my luck as far as it will go now.

Anyway, the 1st pic and this was probably the best of mine on the night was of Aimee Tipps.  The sun was setting so I used a Vivitar 285HV with an orange gel for the hairlight (though this photo has been 80% desaturated & sepia filter added) and 2 Nikon SB-28s (on triflash holder) for key.  Though the sunset was good, I kept the shutter speed fairly high as I was using a 135mm Canon prime, rendering it almost black.

Click the images for bigger sizes:
Amiee_061
The clear sky and the weather just warm enough to allowed Hannah Marie Watson to pose for a while in a bikini.  2x Nikon SB-28s on Triflash holder, camera left, with shutter set to underexpose the scene by 1 stop.
Hannah_017

A shot of the charismatic `Bubblefaery' (Melanie Carey) joining my group for the 1st time, which was lit again with 2x SB28s on the Triflash holder, camera left.  50% desaturated, sepia filter applied.

Bubbles_016

Yet another newcomer was male model/actor, Ryan Spong (The Spongster).  This was one of the 1st shots I took.  I exposed for the ambient and used the SB-28s to add some fill at camera left.


Spongster_003

Camera used was a Canon 5D mkii and lenses were Canon 50mm F1.8 (final 3) and Canon 135mm F2.8 soft focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here