Wednesday 1 December 2010

Strobist B&W Film Shoot

This was an event in November. The weather was about to change for the worst, but the models managed to brave the elements. I shot 2 rolls of film in 2 different cameras (to save time). I did have a 3rd roll of film ready, but everyone had had enough of the cold and I wasn't sure I'd be able to load another roll as I couldn't feel my fingers.

I was keen to combine off-camera flash, modelling photography along with film. I did pack a light meter, but I didn't use it. I simply used the cameras' meters and set them to under expose the scene by 1 stop and then used the auto mode on the flash to give me the correct exposure. I then developed the film in such a way to give a lower contrast to avoid harshness.

Click the images for bigger sizes (jump to Flickr):

Chinon_FP4_006

Chinon_FP4_030
Spotmatic_PanF_017
Spotmatic_PanF_033

Models: Laura Ruffell, Cerise Banwell & Iain Gorrie
Cameras: Chinon CE-3 Memotron & Pentax Spotmatic SPii
Lenses: Zenitar 50mm F1.7, Tamron SP 90mm F2.5 & Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135mm F3.5
Flash: Single bare Nikon SB-28 triggered via sync cord
Film: Ilford Pan-F & Ilford FP4+ (developed by me in Rodinal)

Or click here to see the whole set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here