Monday 12 December 2011

A Return to Urban Images, the Classic Way

I've stopped shooting modelling photography now and my return is questionable. Instead, I'm now concentrating solely on the images I enjoy shooting; one of them is urban candids, but in the classic tradition of using black & white film and often on a rangefinder (not Leica unfortunately). It does take a little more effort to learn a new method; manual, pre/scale focus on my rangefinders and no zoom lenses. It is more of a challenge to get the image, but more enjoyable and rewarding. Critically sharp images are not what street photography is all about.

Anyway, here's a selection of images I like from me last 2 rolls of film.

Click the images for bigger sizes:

Zorki-6_Fomapan-100_013

Zorki-6_Fomapan-100_023

Chinon-CE3_HP5_009

Zorki-6_Fomapan-100_001

Zorki-6_Fomapan-100_002
All images shot on  Zorki 6 (Rangefinder) with Industar 61 55mm lens except #3 which was  Chinon CE-3 momotron (SLR) with Tamron 17mm lens.  Film: Ilford HP5 developed Ilfotec DDX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here