Monday 4 May 2009

May Day at Iron Acton

Each year Iron Acton celebrates May Day, but for one reason or another, this was my 1st visit even though it's only one and a half miles from home. In true bank holiday tradition the weather wasn't great. I stayed a couple of hours before fearing for the health of my equipment and calling it a day.











I did manage to catch a few highlights including the young maypole dancers and catch a few stalls. I spent much time admiring the steam engines, owls and avoiding the rides with screaming children :).

This owl was un-phased with all the comotion, but refused to pose for me.
The sheep was part of the `Pat a Pet' stall which featured rabbits, guinea pigs, various birds and probably many other anaimals that were lost in a sea of eager children.
And this fellow just happened to catch my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here