Sunday 31 May 2009

Quick Candids at Bristol Docks

It was a bright sunny Sunday afternoon. My wife & I went to the docks at Bristol. I can always find something to shoot there and haven't done much street photography lately. I normally shoot street candids with either my 17-70mm Sigma zoom or if the light is poor, I'll use my Canon 50mm. This time I thought maybe I should try my large white Canon 70-200mm lens.



For reasons unknown to me, I'm usually unnoticed when shooting candids and I thought that the big white lens on my Canon 40D with it's attached vertical grip would make me stand out like a sore thumb. Gladly, I was once again unnoticed and captured a handful of pics before having to retreat from the sun's glare (I forgot to pack the sun cream).

Anyway, here are the highlights. The cyclist at the end was one of a group that were performing tricks around the buildings. I arrived & got a couple of shots before security moved them on. As always with urban pics, I process them in B&W unless there's a reason for colour & I think the 1st qualifies. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here