Monday 25 January 2010

Modern Architecture, or Lego?

Working in planning you think I'd be sick of the topic, but any excuse to take some photos is good enough for me.  I was inspired to capture these images after seeing similar in various magazines and thinking maybe I could do as good of a job.

The location was Bristol Harbourside.  I feel really old when I tell people I remember when it was all fields wasteland.  Now the modern buildings (that a colleague of mine has likened to Lego) seem to be popping up all over the old docks.  The lighting was good with plenty of sunshine and fluffy clouds making for some fantastic reflections on the overbearing glass windows.














Here is a case of new meets old as the modern buildings seem to be gaining ground on the ageing properties on the hill



And the locals didn't seem too bothered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post your comments here