Wednesday 6 January 2010

Sights Around Hotwells/Cumberland Basin

These were taken on a crisp sunny Sunday in Early Jan using 2 very different cameras.  A modern digital SLR in the shape of a Canon 40D and an old 1966 Russian rangefinder in the shape of a FED 2.

If I was dishonest I would claim that I was making a comparison between the 2 mediums to show how they recorded this type of photography.  As I'm not dishonest (at least on this occasion) it was purely that I wanted to finish the roll of film in the FED 2 which was its 1st roll to test it, before loading and wasting a 2nd roll.  Also add to the fact that it was just above freezing and I just didn't fancy loading a film camera with numb fingers.

(Click photos for bigger sizes)

40D


FED2


FED2

40D


FED2


40D

If anyone knows what TBP is, please let me know.

40D


40D


40D


FED2 (comparison, sorry for the different framing)


40D


Note the fridge below with door intact.  That takes me back to adverts in the 70s warning of these dangers.
40D


The chair shot for Skinnyvoice :)

40D


40D


40D

2 comments:

  1. Nice chair! Hope you are enjoying the FED2. Curiously similar to a Leica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poor man's Leica! Only 2 things to remember with FEDs; 1) Don't change shutter speeds without winding on, 2) Don't drop it on your foot! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post your comments here